Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Is there a limit of shampoos/hair spray/body spray I can have in my checked luggage when flying out

I want to bring at least 8 beauty products (shampoos/body sprays/hair sprays...) that are 8-17 oz per bottle in my checked luggage. Is there a limit I can bring? I don't want to have any of this confiscated as they are kind of expensive gifts....



Is there a limit of shampoos/hair spray/body spray I can have in my checked luggage when flying out of The US?

left bank hook gave you good advice--put them in baggies so they don't leak. Another good idea is to squeeze a little bit of air out of each bottle, then recap, to account for any slight change of air pressure.



The baggage compartment is pressurized, so there's no problem with "exploding."



And no, there's no limit other than the total weight limit of your bag (usually 50 pounds or less).



Is there a limit of shampoos/hair spray/body spray I can have in my checked luggage when flying out of The US?

my family brings a lot of beauty products when they come and leave the US but they keep it in a box, not the hand carried bags.



Is there a limit of shampoos/hair spray/body spray I can have in my checked luggage when flying out of The US?

Checked luggage: no. But if you're bringing a whole suitcase, you might need to declare to customs! ;-)



But if you're checking it, make sure you have it packed in ziplock bags. Nothin' worse than getting to your travel location to find all your clothes covered in shampoo or cologne



Is there a limit of shampoos/hair spray/body spray I can have in my checked luggage when flying out of The US?

They only allow a 3oz bottle, but many times even those are taken away when they are supposed to be allowed. They also go through checked luggage and remove whatever they want.



I would ship them ahead of time and not have to deal with the airlines.



Is there a limit of shampoos/hair spray/body spray I can have in my checked luggage when flying out of The US?

Look on your airline's website, or the website for the TSA. I beleive you can put all of that in your checked luggage. The limitations are for your carry on luggage. No container of "liquid" may be more than 3 oz. "Liquids" include lipstick/chapstick/make-up, perfume, shampoo ect. The trick is that the container itself must be 3 oz or less!! And all of your liquids must fit into ONE 1 qt zip baggie.



Is there a limit of shampoos/hair spray/body spray I can have in my checked luggage when flying out of The US?

Your limit varies from airline to airline, and it will likely be 30 to 40 pounds. Seriously, there are no regulations on liquids on checked luggage, it is carry on that has more limits. Checked bags just limit overall weight, and liquids add to the weight fast. The other thing is as long as they aren't highly flammable, or an exploding hazard, like aresole hairspray cans use to be. Those should be in limited quantities. But pump bottles are fine.



This link is old, but the checked bags regulation never did change, and it is a good format. I would double check the Carry on part of it.



Is there a limit of shampoos/hair spray/body spray I can have in my checked luggage when flying out of The US?

you need to check with airport

No comments:

Post a Comment